Contact the Brotherhood at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Co-Presidents: Marc Schwartz
Vice Presidents: Steve Krisky
Treasurer: Bruce Appelbaum
Secretary: Roy Marcus
Next Brotherhood Meeting:
Sunday September 17th, 2017 at 9:15am at TINW
Brotherhood Renewal Dues Payment Options:
As always, Brotherhood dues are waived for first year Brotherhood membership.
Just email your name and phone number to <email@example.com> with the subject line "First Year Member".
June 1st is the new fiscal year, Brotherhood annual dues can now be paid using PayPal or a credit card, using the “Buy Now” button below and the $40 dues will be charged to your account.
Payments by check are still accepted.
Make checks payable for $40 to “Brotherhood Temple Israel” with your name, phone and email and drop in the mail.
The Brotherhood of Temple Israel is co-sponsoring a Softball team in the Westchester Hebrew Softball League. Our TINW home games will be at Herbert C Gerlach Memorial Park in Ossining. The games are Sunday mornings 9:15am. If you are interested in joining the team, please reach out to Dan Palveski <firstname.lastname@example.org>. If you have a jewish friend who is not a member of TINW, they just need to join Brotherhood to join the team.
Email Dan for it: <email@example.com>
If you are buying any sporting equipment for yourselves or your kids, please use the coupon. A portion of the sale will go to help underwrite the team and the league.
|20-Aug-17||TINW||Bet Am Shalom||Gillie Park 1||Gillie Park, White Plains, NY 10605|
The Defensive Driving class is a Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course, offered some years by the Brotherhood and is open to everyone.
The contact is Warren Landesburg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
By completing the Defensive Driving class, you are issued a Certificate of Completion that grants a discount (10% for Geico) on your car insurance.
The cost is $42 and is held in 2 evening classes 6:30pm to 9:30pm at TINW by Jack Coxen, who is a certified trainer as a Traffic Safety Consultant.
The schedule for the classes is Tuesday Oct 31, and Tuesday Nov 7, 2017.
Brotherhood Lecture Series
Norman Newman manages the scheduling for the Brotherhood lecture presentations.
Presentations are Thursday evenings at TINW, at 7:30pm.
Presentations are free and open to everyone; so bring a colleague, friend, or ally.
Lectures resume in October. Here is the schedule for the Fall 2017 through the Spring 2018. For the flyer with the full abstract descriptions, see Lecture Flyer
Thurs Oct. 26th, 2017 “That Wilder Image” by Cynthia Anderson of the
Hudson River School of Painters.
Thurs Dec. 21st, 2017 “Havana Curve” a film telling the true story of a
unique Bar Mitzvah project.
Thurs Feb. 15th, 2018 “Who Is A Jew?” by Barry Feinberg, a market researcher.
Thurs March 15th, 2018 “Ancient Israel's Game of Thrones” by Rabbi
Jennifer Jaech. They weren't all nice Jewish boys!
If you have suggestions or questions, please contact Norman at the Brotherhood email: <email@example.com>
Brotherhood Midnight Runs
Temple Israel typically does 2 to 3 Midnight Runs per year each on a Saturday night, from the late Fall through the early Spring. Our Midnight Runs bring clothing and provisions to the homeless in Manhattan at night. Learn more about Midnight Run by reading What is Midnight Run written by Steve Samuels, and/or contacting Peter Goldich <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Brotherhood organizes Midnight Runs to NYC on Saturday nights with students from TINW Center For Jewish Learning. For more information about Midnight Runs and about the types of clothing we need to collect, read Sought After Items. if you are interested in participating in a Run, whether you go on the Run or not, we need help at the Temple at 1pm on the day of the Run to sort clothing and make sandwiches. You'll enjoy the process.
History of the Brotherhood -
Temple Israel Brotherhood builds Community!
Our events are open to all, but we need your help to make them happen. Please join us for our monthly meetings to be part of the planning process. We're a group of guys doing good things for the Temple and our community. See Calendar 2017-2018, for all of the wonderful Meetings and Events Brotherhood participates in during the course of the year! For the previous year's meetings and events, see Calendar 2015-2016.
Any questions please email the Brotherhood Co-Presidents Marc Schwartz or Jim Rice at <email@example.com>
The more active members we have, the more the Brotherhood can do for the Temple. Find out how great it is to participate and connect with members of your Temple Israel Brotherhood!! We support the Temple and community at large in many ways.
These activities below are an example of our participation:
- Caravans into NYC to help our greater community by clothing, feeding, and talking with homeless men and women-- this is the premier, ongoing Mitzvah project of the Temple.
- Whether it is funding the Tot Shabbat program, enabling paid youth assistants for the Religious School, helping to send our Youth Group and Confirmanations to conferences around the country, providing computers for the Religious School, donating to music enrichment, the Building Fund, Israel, and many other great causes, the Brotherhood is here. We also raise funds on the fly- collecting almost $1,000 for Haitian earthquake victims at one of our monthly meetings.
Sunday Breakfast Lecture Series
- If you haven’t been to one yet, you don’t know what bagel & Lox & eggs & salads & more, you are missing. Not only is the food great but our guest speakers bring a unique social perspective on a variety of topics...and cooking with the guys in the kitchen is a blast!
Ushering & Managing Parking on High Holy Days
- Without the Brotherhood, parking for the High Holy Days would be even more interesting than it already is!
Click here for more information about Ushering Procedures.
- From erecting the Sukkah and cooking for the Temple family, to our annual Comedy Night, annual summer BBQ and more-- the Brotherhood knows how to party!
The Bottom Line
- We are men of the Temple spanning many decades in age with one great mission…we not only care about our Temple but we care deeply for each other.
Brotherhood Annual BBQ's
Senasqua Park 2016 or 2015